Last summer I purchased a great vintage sofa at a thrift shop with the intentions of reupholstering it. It was in fantastic condition but the fabric was rosey coloured and I just couldn’t stand the colour. I finally found a great fabric a couple of months ago and it’s finally finished!
I started by removing the old upholstery fabric and piping which is definitely the hardest part of the job for me! The frame and springs were in good condition but the loose cushions were a little flat so I added some thick polyester batting to each cushion before I recovered them.
It was a lot of work and I’m glad this wasn’t my first upholstery project (although I’m self-taught). It is such a nice piece and I didn’t want it to look sloppy or like a slipcover. I’m thrilled with the end result and my husband is also happy because it cost much less than a new sofa!
Next on my list is sewing some new toss cushions! I’m still searching for that next fabric 🙂